For people and congregations ready to really dive in and get started living missionally and establishing and multiplying missional communities, the following process is recommended.
What does Option #3 offer?
A two-year process that by God’s grace produces results after the first Gathering but also facilitates long-lasting lifestyle integration.
1) Preparation: There are initial conversations with pastor and leaders to plan the process. There are pre-requisite reading assignments for all the leaders. We can’t lead what we don’t understand.
2) Four On-Site Igniting/Training Gatherings: During the two years, there will be four on-site Igniting/Training Gatherings, one every six months with the congregation and especially the congregation’s missional leaders. We follow a rhythm reminiscent of what Jesus used with the 12 and 72: learn, go, do, return, unpack; learn, go, do, return, unpack…
3) Personal Plan for Next Steps: Each Gathering results in people leaving with understanding and confidence in taking next steps in missional living, establishing a missional community and ultimately multiplying missional communities. They leave thinking, “I can do this!”
4) Monthly Conference Call with Leaders: Greg has monthly conference calls with the pastor and the first tier of leaders for coaching and problem solving. In between congregational Gatherings, these neighborhood missional leaders meet regularly to support each other in executing their missional plans.
5) Unlimited Interaction with Pastor: The Pastor has unlimited interaction with Greg throughout the process.
6) Field Manual: The “Field Manual”, which puts all the best practices and strategies into your people’s hands, can be personalized and printed by the congregation as needed.
What will be the results for those participating in this process?
- They will be enabled to develop a deeper, personal relationship with and reliance on Jesus.
- They will know how to perceive the Kingdom of God around them and join Jesus in His mission.
- They will gain confidence in discipling other people. (This is for introverts or extroverts.)
- They will see their neighborhoods, workplaces and schools with new eyes.
- They will be enabled to begin living missionally, to connect with other like-minded Jesus-followers, and to establish and multiply missional communities.
- Their communities will never be the same again as they join Jesus in His mission.
Each Igniting/Training Gathering has a simple promise behind it:
Dwelling 1:14 will strive to take each participant from uncertainty to understanding, from anxiety to excitement. They will leave with clear, biblical information and inspiration. They will leave with a simple, personal plan for next steps in living their lives with Jesus in the world and connecting with other Jesus-followers for support and fun as they fulfill Jesus’ mission. During the training, participants will have the opportunity to interact with and articulate what the information they are learning means for their daily experiences and to put into practice any tools or skills that are presented.
What will each Gathering focus on?
We will utilize the four Gatherings to bring the people through the following progression:
- See the change
- Be the change
- Lead the change
- Multiply the change
Gathering 1 will focus on helping participants “see and be” the missional change in their communities. They will be enabled to leave with excitement and a plan to begin living missionally (that is, join Jesus in His mission).
Gathering 2 will give participants the chance to tell their Kingdom stories, what they have learned, and what questions they now are wondering about. We then will focus on leading others for missional change in their communities. We will develop a simple discipleship process and structure that supports leading others for missional change.
Gathering 3 will again give participants the chance to tell their Kingdom stories, what they have learned, and what questions they now are wondering about. We then will focus on multiplying missional change by multiplying missional communities.
By Gathering 4 the congregation and leaders thoroughly own this process. They have joined Jesus in His mission and have all kinds of Kingdom stories to share. Missional communities are all over your city. The people are starting to see some big possibilities of community impact and redemption as they team up with each other as missional communities. Perhaps other congregations are ready to team up with you. Our job as pastor and leaders will be to steward well this redemptive force as people are living their lives with Jesus every day.
How do we get started?
- Contact Greg Finke at
- Or call him at 281-844-7644