Your congregation has been introduced to missional living through sermons, service projects and mission trips. They have had several “tastes” of going out into the community as Jesus’ hands and feet. Your people are “getting it.” They are ready to move from mission as a program to mission as a lifestyle. Dwelling 1:14 can help.
- The Preparation: Greg Finke works with your pastor(s) and a small group of leaders to discover and develop the best approach for your congregation. There are prerequisite reading assignments for all the leaders. We can’t lead what we don’t understand.
- The Proposal: Greg then comes to your church to work with pastor(s) and key leaders (or the whole congregation) in order to unpack what it means to join Jesus in His mission as a lifestyle, position the congregation to support such a lifestyle in the community, and develop a thoroughly integrated discipleship process. He then coaches the congregational leaders for one year as they implement their plan.
- Missional Weekend Igniter Event: Spanning only one weekend, the Igniter Event allows Greg to interact with key leaders and your congregation so that they gain a personal understanding and excitement for how they can live missionally and start a missional community. The Igniter Event can be tailored to the congregation’s specific needs.
- Friday: Pastor(s) and key leaders
- Saturday: Congregational forum
- Sunday: worship and Bible class
After the Igniter Event is over, what should we expect?
- Continued Coaching: Coaching continues for 12 months with pastor(s) and key leaders via conference call or video conferencing.
- A Return Visit: A return visit is made by Greg at a strategic time in the process.
- A Missional Plan: A simple, sustainable, scalable plan is developed to disciple leaders and position your congregation to join Jesus’ mission in their neighborhoods, workplaces and schools.
- A Field Manual: You are granted permission to customize and print A Field Manual for Our Church’s Mission Trip to Our Own Community for your congregation’s use. The Field Manual puts the simple practices and strategies of this process into your people’s hands.
- Missional Communities:This time next year, you can have missional communities all over your town or city!
What will be the results for those participating in this process?
- They will be enabled to develop a deeper, personal relationship with and reliance on Jesus.
- They will start to know how to perceive the Kingdom of God around them and join Jesus in His mission.
- They will begin gaining confidence in discipling other people. (This is for introverts or extroverts.)
- They will see their neighborhoods, workplaces and schools with new eyes.
- They will be enabled to begin living missionally, to connect with other like-minded Jesus-followers, and to establish and multiply missional communities.
- Their communities will never be the same again as they join Jesus in His mission.
This process has a simple promise behind it:
Dwelling 1:14 will strive to take each participant from uncertainty to understanding, from anxiety to excitement. They will leave with clear, biblical information and inspiration. They will leave with a simple, personal plan for next steps in living their lives with Jesus in the world and connecting with other Jesus-followers for support and fun as they fulfill Jesus’ mission. During the training, participants will have the opportunity to interact with and articulate what the information they are learning means for their daily experiences and to put into practice any tools or skills that are presented.
What financial provisions should we make for Dwelling 1:14?
Because every congregation and process is unique, costs are worked out on an individual basis. Please contact Greg Finke for a financial overview. Special financial consideration is available for congregations that qualify.
Want more information?
Contact Greg at 281.844.7644 and