So you and your congregational leaders are just starting to sort out what it might mean to become a more missional church. If you are starting to ask, “How can we become more intentional about joining Jesus’ mission in the community around us?” Dwelling 1:14 can help.
- The Preparation: Greg Finke works with your pastor(s) and a small group of leaders to discover and develop the best approach for your congregation. There are reading suggestions for all the participants.
- Discovery: Greg then comes to your church to work with pastor(s) and key leaders (or the whole congregation) in order to discover and unpack what it means to join Jesus in His mission. He then coaches the congregational leaders for six months as they sort through and pray about potential next steps for their congregation.
- Missional Weekend Discovery Event: Spanning only one weekend, the Discovery Event allows Greg to interact with key leaders and your congregation so that they gain a personal understanding and excitement for how they can live missionally and potentially start a missional community. The Discovery Event can be tailored to the congregation’s specific needs.
- Friday: Pastor(s) and key leaders
- Saturday: Congregational forum
- Sunday: worship and Bible class
After the Discovery Event is over, what should we expect?
- Continued Coaching: Coaching continues for 6 months with pastor(s) and key leaders via conference call or video conferencing.
- A Missional Plan: A simple, sustainable, scalable plan can be developed to disciple leaders and position your congregation to join Jesus’ mission in their neighborhoods, workplaces and schools.
- A Field Manual: You are granted permission to customize and print A Field Manual for Our Church’s Mission Trip to Our Own Community for your congregation’s use. The Field Manual puts the simple practices and strategies of this process into your people’s hands.
It sounds like intentional missional living will impact the life of our church and the way we grow. Is this going to affect our current programs?
Dwelling 1:14 DOES NOT:
- Take away the importance of your church gathering as a faith family around the Word and sacraments
- Replace any of your church’s present ministries or programs
Dwelling 1:14 strengthens:
- Your people living life with Jesus every day
- Congregational care
- The exercising of spiritual gifts
- Spiritual formation for Jr. and Sr. High students
- Young adult ministry
- New member connection
- Following up with worship guests
What kind of teaching would our congregation experience?
A biblical approach that delivers:
- Theology of mission (John 1:14, 18 and 20:21)
- How to perceive and respond to the Kingdom of God in our midst (Matthew 6:33)
- Understanding discipleship and why a simple discipleship process works. (A rabbi’s understanding of Matthew 28:18-20 and 1 Corinthians 4:16-17.)
- How a person lives missionally (Friendship and seeking the Kingdom of God vs. being an evangelism salesman. John 4:35)
- How missional leaders are multiplied (Luke 8:1, 9:1, 10:1)
- How a congregation supports such a lifestyle (community-focused vs. church building-centered. Acts 8:1)
What financial provisions should we make for Dwelling 1:14?
Because every congregation and process is unique, costs are worked out on an individual basis. Please contact Greg Finke for a financial overview. Special financial consideration is available for congregations that qualify.
Want more information?
Contact Greg at 281.844.7644 and